Christmas Break (or any break from school) is a great time to memorize scripture as a family. When we take the time to memorize scripture, we are faithfully pursuing a deeper connection with the Lord. The goal is not to put God’s word to memory because of obligation but for blessing. Colossians 3:16 says “Let the word of Christ dwell richly among you…” The riches of spiritual connection with the creator outweighs all our current circumstances. When we have God’s word on our mind and in our heart we walk in profound hope and greater spiritual health.
Charles Spurgeon said it this way, “The Bible in the memory is better than the Bible in the book case.”
As we lead our family, we want them to hold on to scripture for the rest of their lives. These scriptures are foundational to our Faith. Our hope is that years from now our children will remember these truths. As parents, make sure you are taking the time to memorize these scriptures as well. There is power in hiding the Word in your heart at any age. Below are 5 scriptures for you to download and use as a family.
How to use these cards:
- Download these cards and use them like flashcards helping each other memorize them together.
- Print these cards and place them in locations you will see daily. Tape them on bathroom mirrors or by the kitchen sink.
- Print these cards and place them at the dinner table and try to challenge each other during meal time.
- Leave the cards in the car for road trips.
- Screenshot and save then to your phone all paper to practice on the go!
- Use rewards for your children if they memorize the scriptures.
- Make up your own actions to each verse to help with memorization.